TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Our Client a UK based gambling/gaming technology and services company. We are looking for a technical support engineer to help resolve queries and keep our clients systems operational. If you can help troubleshoot and diagnose everything, we’re interested in talking to you.
What you already have:
– Familiarity with Linux command-line
– Some experience with the basics of database administration (installation, monitoring, backups etc.)
– Some PHP coding experience. Some of our existing infrastructure is PHP scripts right now. You’ll certainly be comfortable looking at code and perhaps finding and fixing the odd bug.
– Some other programming language experience.
– Good interpersonal skills and a great team attitude
– The ability to quickly learn new things and adapt
What we’d like you to have in an ideal world:
– Familiarity with the basic workings of JVM-based applications, both servlet containers and newer standalone systems like Play! or Spray.
– Experience with distributed log collection such as ELK
How we approach things:
– A small company, can-do ethos
– We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy
– Working remotely but communicating regularly
– A flexible working schedule
– Training on the job
– Providing technical support for tickets raised by clients
– Interpreting performance logs and performance graphs and other metrics to help determine root cause
– Using back-office tools and SQL queries to resolve requests
– Diagnosing and helping fix production issues
– Writing and maintaining a variety of scripts as required. Most existing scripts are in PHP.
– Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
– Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
– Helping administer Linux servers and Oracle and MySQL servers (in the future this will likely by PostgreSQL instead)
– Finding better ways that we can get things done