Our client is looking for a Software Tester / QA Specialist. The candidate is primarily responsible for minimizing the risk of software failure and the quality assurance of the developed solution. The QA Engineer is involved at all levels of the software testing lifecycle, with a view to instill quality throughout the software product. The individual performs test analysis and planning, develops test cases, creates test scripts and takes responsibility for the verification and validation of solutions in line with business requirements and specifications to assure quality for large, complex projects.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following key deliverables:
- Work closely with the team to understand and refine requirements and use outputs to create a testing strategy to ensure quality objectives are achieved.
- Have an influence on quality throughout the entire product.
- To consider both Functional and Non-Functional aspects of testing, with specific focus on Usability, Security and performance.
- Perform quality reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements.
- Plan and design test cases with a view to implement through automated test tools.
- Design automated scripts in line with the team’s agreed architectural requirements and standards.
- Plan, schedule and prioritize automation tests to meet delivery targets.
- Prepare and maintain test environments, including the creation of appropriate test data.
- Maintain and enhance the automation test case repository.
- Move manual regression test suite into automated test suites.
- Test Execution – Manual and automated depending on scenario.
- Track and report on software defects.
- Ensure risks have been identified with mitigation strategies and escalated were necessary.
- Seek to continuously improve software quality, testing tools, testing processes and testing environments.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology or related field preferred
- Formal software testing certification preferred
- ISTQB / ISEB Certification would be advantageous.
- Solid understand of Software testing concepts and methodologies.
- Good knowledge on software design and the software development life cycle (SDLC), with experience working in an agile team and understands agile frameworks (Scrum)
- Working with Progressive Web Apps will be advantageous.
- 2 – 6 years testing experience
- Writing test scripts.
- Experience with SQL Scripting techniques advantageous