Global Ad Ops Director
We engage, entertain and connect people around the globe. From web browsers to news applications, we provide the best consumer products to enjoy online content regardless of location or platform. Today, over 350 million people use our products on a monthly basis, making us one of the largest app publishers in the world. We presents advertisers the opportunity to reach and engage a global audience who spend an average of 28 minutes with us daily.
We are looking for a highly motivated Ad Operations Director to join our talented team to help scale our growing advertising business. The main responsibility of this role will be to manage the ad operations team globally whilst working with advertisers, sales and other internal businesses to drive ‘client’ success and our client’s revenue objectives.
As an Ad Operations Director you will be reporting to the Head of Ad Operations & Monetization. You will be passionate about understanding campaign intricacies and how to improve performance whilst understanding the range of our client’s advertising products available to advertisers and agencies – engaging with internal and external partners to deliver on these. You will play a key role in the ad operations – growing the business by providing technical and operational support to help clients effectively utilise our client’s ad products to achieve their business objectives. You will possess a strong analytical ability and will develop deep expertise in our client’s products and proprietary metrics with an aim to design and implement winning campaigns; optimising performance to derive insights and meet our advertisers’ needs. This is primarily an operational role with some client-facing responsibilities. The Ad Operations Director, is expected to have the technical background equipping them with the skills to implement campaigns across complex systems and work with multiple stakeholders including the engineering, analytics, commercial and finance teams.
- Manage the Account management, Trafficking as well as Optimization teams on a daily basis
- Provide oversight of digital operations and makes recommendations/solutions to operational issues and troubleshooting
- Oversee the execution and the deployment of both direct and programmatic display campaigns, including, but not limited to, planning, campaign setup, and campaign optimization in order to enable the achievement of consumer and business sales goals
- Primary liaison for day-to-day collaboration between ad operations, engineering, and product development across all platforms
- Provide operational support for existing portfolios – providing ongoing maintenance/ troubleshooting
- Lead and communicate to the relevant personnel critical updates on all aspects of the advertisement operations department (for example – setup, troubleshooting, trafficking, and vendor certifications)
- Provide insightful performance analysis results on a weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual basis in order to enable strategic improvements in advertising campaigns; maximizing efficiency and yield management
- Maintain key relationships with agencies, vendors, and media relationships in order to improve sales advertising campaign metrics
- Lead the technical troubleshooting practices and capabilities of the Ad Ops team and ensuring the correct resolution of all campaign issues
The Successful Ad Operations Director Will Have
- Bachelor degree as a minimum
- 5+ years Ad- Ops background
- Have high attention to detail, possess an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, be a critical and strategic thinker and be self-motivated/proactive.
- Track record of successfully managing a team
- Sound knowledge of ad serving technology, DSP’s, SSP’s and RTB
- Highly analytical with an ability to articulate figures into a storyline
- A strong technical Ad Ops background with experience in media tagging, ad trafficking and debugging technical issues
- Experience buying and selling inventory as such will have monetised audience data through the setup of PMP campaigns
- Liaised with clients and internal stakeholders extensively
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Has the ability to absorb complex technical and commercial information
- Quality driven – you have a strong eye for the aesthetic, and you set yourself and others (your team, vendors, advertisers, etc) the highest professional bar in all situations
- Flexible with working hours, and happy to travel if required
To apply, send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org