CAPE TOWN: We are looking for a multifaceted- customer and data led- Digital Media Strategist that lives, eats and breathes digital media, and has done so for leading digital and\or digital media agencies in South Africa. This person will be responsible for directing the strategic digital media direction and successful growth of top brands in various verticals, based on clever, innovative, effective and tactical media strategies.
Broadly speaking, as our strategy “Crusader” you will be tasked with the development of short, medium and long-term digital media strategies and plans of action \ choices to achieve pre-determined and clear objectives and goals. These strategies require a tone and style that is differentiated from what clients and brands might have seen before in terms of additional information, data, creative, trends, ideas, tactics and insights presented.
The strategist will also be required to define and present measurable criteria to ensure that the Client’s digital media strategy is attainable, results driven and sustainable, and considers the customer experience and user journeys end to end. This person would need to understand the role of digital media within the wider media mix – Data, Content, Lead Generation and Sales drivers, including other considerations to incorporate into Media Strategies.
This seasoned digital media strategist will be required to oversee and lead ALL digital media strategy requirements.
The digital media strategist will be the sole digital media lead (Client facing experience a must) within the team and therefore required to be available and open to questions from across the agency on digital related queries as well as be able to manage one’s own time toward supporting paying clients.
This may include but is not limited to:
- Digital Media Strategy & Presentations
- Digital Media Tactics & idea generation
- Media Trend presentation preparation, and digital media audits
- Client and Internal agency communication, client servicing and engagement
- Weekly Client status meeting where applicable (Internal and external with client)
- Weekly / Monthly client engagement
- Gap analysis
- Research for Presentation Purposes
- Data aggregation, and assimilation
- Engage with digital media Planners and Managers to ensure execution of the strategy
- Detail orientated
- Able to manage agency counterparts in relation to retrieving assets according to deadlines defined by approved media plans
- Responsible and accountable for strategy reporting and objective measuring\ monitoring\ optimization
A media strategist must have analytical abilities to gather key business and user insights, and strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content and media that’s generated.
You will report to the Chief Operations Officer, and also work with the TTL (through the line) teams – as well as interact, engage and liaise with service providers, social teams, media agencies, Search and SEO departments, publishers etc.
The Digital Media strategist will also be required to build robust relationships with clients, be accountable for annual, quarterly and ad hoc media strategy mapping and planning, quarterly reviews, monthly tracking of the brand against prepared and approved strategies, be responsible for optimization of a strategy, trend reports etc and be willing to travel where required.
- Open friendly manner
- Willing to offer advice and recommendations sometimes on the spot, or once research has been done
- Work with creative agency counterparts in development of strategies
- Working in a team is imperative and therefore being a team player is highly important
- Numbers driven
- Attention to detail
- Analytical in approach
- Problem solver and solutions driven
- Multi-tasking is critical with multiple clients and multiple teams to manage
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Communication skills