A hugely exciting and massive tech company is looking for a highly talented Copywriter and Content Strategist to join their team in Cape Town.
We’re a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
- Provide strategic input into the creative direction of the brand and ensure all work produced is inline with the brand and campaign theme.
- Writing copy for all marketing communications including performance marketing adverts, emails, social media, printed collateral, press releases etc
- Managing and reviewing content for all marketing communications including performance marketing adverts, emails, social media, printed collateral, press releases, offline, above the line to ensure all is aligned to brand and campaign theme
- Internal creative team
- External agency
- Creating engaging & shareable content appropriate for each social media platform to promote our brand, grow our community and meet business objectives
- Monitoring the web and social media and engage in discussions about our company, competitors, and industry
- Working with the marketing team to create content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
- Participating in setting marketing plans and strategy
- Generating new ideas to ensure brand and commercial success
- Managing our online presence on all major social media channels and highlighting any customer queries and/or comments that need to be actioned/resolved
- Understanding the brand and business objectives and requirements and proactively recommend creative solutions or campaigns
- Building a close working relationship with the external agency
- Ability to translate a creative concept into a clear content plan
- Strategically driven with a sound understanding of brand and business growth.
- Must be comfortable with writing in various styles and for multiple formats for example digital advertising, UX for mobile app, social media, performance marketing, in-app
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with an understanding of each platform and the best practices
- Detail orientated
- Excellent proof-reader
- Must be able to manage a team, a content calendar and an agency relationship.
- Takes initiative and works well independently
- Strong communication and time management skills
- An enthusiasm for being a part of a fast-paced start-up environment
- Blogging and ad agency experience advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in communications/copywriting/branding/marketing/brand strategy
- Computer literacy essential
- Creative track record with 5+ years industry experience with a through the line porfolio
The Environment :
- Employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition a leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us and email your CV to email@example.com