Performance Advertising Account Director (Betting Industry)
We are a global software company who engages, entertains and connects people around the globe. From web browsers to news applications, we provide the best consumer products to enjoy online content regardless of location or platform. Today, over 350 million people use our products on a daily basis, making us one of the largest app publishers in the world. We present advertisers with the opportunity to reach and engage a global audience who spend an average of 28 mins with us daily.
We are looking for a highly motivated and strategic Account Director to support and scale our growing betting client base. The main responsibility of this role will be the day to day management of key advertising accounts from medium to large corporations and multinationals in Africa.You will be responsible for driving client success and ensure their marketing and business objectives are effectively met using our advertising solutions.
As an Account Director, you will report to the heads of Operations. You will have ample experience on publisher and/or agency side working with multiple advertisers to build digital ad strategies and execute campaigns using the latest digital advertising tools and technologies. You will be passionate about understanding campaign intricacies and how to improve performance whilst understanding the range of our advertising products. You possess strong analytical ability, and will develop deep expertise in our products and proprietary metrics to design and implement winning campaigns, optimising performance to derive insights and meet our advertisers’ needs.
- Become an expert on our solutions and adapt recommendations based on advertiser needs
- Work closely with performance advertisers to understand their business and marketing problems and objectives
- Develop campaign based and long term strategies for clients to succeed with our ad platform
- Maximise and optimize advertising spend as well ROI for direct advertisers.
- Set commercial goals and grow advertisers spend with us.
- Collaborate with advertisers to design and implement tracking and attribution setups for web and app based campaigns.
- Monitor campaigns, troubleshoot issues, resolve discrepancies and escalate to trafficking, optimisation and engineering teams using internal task management systems.
- Optimise campaign performance and identify trends for insights and documentation (case studies)
- Understand our reporting systems and generate reports on demand
- Educate and train advertisers on our advertising solutions, reporting systems and metrics
- Provide sales support through timely delivery of requested data, documentation and contact sharing.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the sales team, as well as other internal teams, to showcase results and optimisation recommendations for advertising campaigns
- Manage advertising contracts using internal systems
- Assist in monthly billing and 3rd party financial reconciliation
- Proactively come up with ideas and solutions for product and process improvements based on experience and data.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years experience in digital advertising on publisher or agency side.
- Track record of managing performance campaigns
- Experience in online Betting is an advantage
- Prior experience with DFP, Facebook ads, Google Ads, or other ad servers
- Excellent understanding of ad tech, programmatic advertising and web technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and social skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and campaigns with conflicting priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Relentless and proactively focused on growth
- Good project manager with discipline and accountability
- Conceptual thinker and able to come up with bold ideas
- Must be a self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision to initiate and complete tasks
- Able to collaborate and communicate expertly, both internally and externally at all levels
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, PowerPoint and Google Slides.
- Familiarity with key advertisers, publishers and agency landscape locally is a plus
- Must be enthusiastic, friendly and comfortable to work under pressure